Thursday, January 11, 2007


Dear Mr. Ramen Noodles guy,

I'm sorry I never knew your name. Now that you are now dead, I know it to be Momofuku Ando. Given that you were 96 at the time of your death, I guess all those warnings about Ramen noodles being high in sodium were overblown. Then again, seeing that you likely made tens of millions of dollars (at $.25 a pop, during my college days) selling your tasty, just add water cusine, you may have lost the motivation to ingest your own brick-o-soup. I however had the need for Ramen Noodles. I had neither money nor cullinary skill.

Sleep well my dear friend. I hope you had a good meal before you kicked it.

Love,

Artie Lange

4 comments:

katrocket said...

For years I was quick to blame Momofuku-sahn for my increasing girth during college, even though I knew deep-down it was all the beer and whippits. Now I feel only shame for the blame game, and I intend to write a rap about it after an appropriate period of mourning.

In the meantime: the horrific impact of Top Ramen on UK society, as told by Brit Blogger pal, Blackett the First. Proof that one man's saviour is another man's demon.

steakbellie said...

i'm glad he's dead.

more noodles for me now.

Bert Bananas said...

I still get emails offering to increase my girth. You saying all I need is more noodles, Kat?

Chris the Hippie said...

I still get cravings for tasty Ramen Noodles every now and then. (I always thought they were invented by a Mr. Ramen. I always envisioned him to be a quiet man who longed to visit the sea.)