Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Artie Lange: Charlatan Hunter

So I got to thinking (not really, but I never use this tired phrase and thought it was about time I tried it on). Anyway, I was thinking, are there bloggers on this planet who plagiarize their posts?

They must exists, people who are insecure, lonely, want to be more than what they are. Perhaps they are cutting and pasting my witticisms, observations, and otherwise publishable material. If you are out there, I hate you! Get some of your own ideas! Do you think it is easy for me to craft a story about bowel movements and homosexual love?

I am on a quest; I will find blogosphere plagiarizers and expose them as the Charlatans they are. Sheriff Artie is in town and I’m lookin’ to rustle up me some word lifters.

By the way, my favorite Charlatan may be John R. Brinkley, the "goat-gland doctor" who implanted goat glands as a means of curing male impotence, helped pioneer both American and Mexican radio broadcasting, and twice ran unsuccessfully for governor of Kansas.

In the end, I suspect the only Charlatan I may find is Mustard10 (see January 19th post "The original post that ticked-off an unstable person (you decide who I'm talking about)"

2 comments:

paperback reader said...

The phrase fits like a pair of tight leather pants on a father of three in his fifties, and we are (collectively) your horrified teenage daughter.

As long as you're thinking: wouldn't you actually give these charlatans more publicity by calling them out on your extremely popular blog? All these kids are just trying to be like you - they're like really, really sucky 8-year-old Little League infielders getting A-Rod's number (which I think has been changed this year to "Reliably under .200 in the playoffs").

Proof that I am right: T.S. Eliot said, "Talent borrows, genius steals" and I totally just stole that, making me a genius. Try and attack that logic if you'd like, but you'll find it water-tight. What I'm saying is that Nemo could submerge in it. And if you join him, you can forge a new world, one built on honesty, truth, and a desire to not rip you off.

Up here, however, you're fair game. Be sure to check out my latest entry, entitled: "Artie Lange: Charlatan Hunter." I think you'll agree: my cut and paste skills are unf-withable.

katrocket said...

I just read the mustard10 post. How did you, the guy who was right, turn out to be the bad guy? That's juicy. It was a welcome alternative to American Idol.

And whatever happened to "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"? Please remember to thank your charlatan before you take 'em down.