Friday, February 09, 2007

If a tree falls in the woods...

I love this post. It was written by a political scientist who hosts the blog http://irrational-woman.blogspot.com/

Advice Please

I'm planning to get my oldest son a laptop computer for a combination birthday and graduation present, and I'm not sure what I need to get. Any advice on brands and processors would be greatly appreciated. I want this to be something good that will hopefully get him through 4 years of college without needing to be replaced during that time frame.

What's the big deal, you say? Well, this post was written on February 7th. She posts about 5 times a day and hadn't received a comment since January 26th. According to my math that's like 5 million posts without a comment. Just whom was she seeking advice from?

4 comments:

katrocket said...

well... did you help her out and leave a comment? You might just be her only hope.

Anonymous said...

Tell her to totally go Commodore64. The Vic20 is outdated.

paperback reader said...

Yes, I concur with Ms. Rocket: the amazing amount of extra effort it took to NOT simply comment on this poor woman's page, and instead post a mockery of her unheeded cries into an uncaring world shows a dedication to misanthropy on your part that makes me tear up in joy.

Note that I'm typing this instead of something to her, but mostly because I'm still using WebTV and a graphing calculator (the latter unsuccessfully so far, but hope springs eternal) to connect to the internet, and therefore my advice would be too advanced for her.

Jan said...

You are right, it is totally pathetic and depressing that no one answered my plea for advice. But like katrocket said, you could have helped me out. I know people occasionally read the stupid blog, they just seldom leave comments. So if you ever stop back by, leave me comment. And btw, one reader did send me a suggestion via e-mail.