Wednesday, July 26, 2006


A Must Read

So I've gotten into the business of eyeing and promoting new talent. Not in the Irene Cara--Fame way, but that's not a bad idea. No, I have found the universe's next great blogger. Bert Bananas. As best I can tell, Bert is 90 years old, hasn't left his home county in the last 20 years, and is a 4 handicap. All of those things are purely speculative, but I suspect he will tell you otherwise if he cares to.

Make sure to stop by his site and say hi. Tell him Unlce Artie sent you.

And definitely make sure you read his archives; there are some really funny commentaries, especially this one.

4 comments:

Bert Bananas said...

My wife wants to know what you want...

ArtieLange said...

You tell Mrs. Bananas that her husband is funny and needs to be heard. I promise not to stalk you, send you pictures of me, or call your home anytime after midnight. I do, however, demand 5% of a future income generated from your site. I predict greatness! You are the next Floyd Landis, the next Barry Bonds, the next Shoeless Joe Jackson.

Bert Bananas said...

"Get Shorty Potter"

That's where the big bucks are, in ripping off two books to make one that's derivative, but not out and out plagerism.

"North by Northwest of Eden"

"The Postman Rings Twice if by Sea"

"Ghost Writers in the Sky"

okay, I'll stop now.

Mary Lois said...

Damn. Have you visited my blog lately, Artie? I'm not as funny as Bert, but at least as profound. Keep coming back!