Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Because Iris told me to....

Iris had one of these tagging exercises on her blog. I figure I'll do the same. Here is my life exposed for all to enjoy as breif snapshots of time.


Ten Years Ago

In was working at the American Red Cross in Philly. Living with Carol on Naudain Street and dating Liz. I still hadn’t completed my graduate degree, though I was only a class away. I was starting to make plans to attend the Democratic National Convention in Chicago, which turned out to be a blast. Likely, I weighed about 188 pounds, and though I had chronic back pain and exercised infrequently, I was still able to crank out 8-minute miles on the treadmill. I was 26 years old.


Five Years ago

I was planning my wedding, which was two months away. I was living with Barbara in a one-bedroom attic apartment in Oaklyn. We paid $500 in rent. Lot’s of free time in my childless world. I would spend several days a week at PSC and liked to get my coffee at Three Beans in Haddonfield. I was working at the same place I am now. I think I’ve gotten better at what I do, but I may be kidding myself.


One Year ago

One year ago was a Sunday, and chances are I was caring for the twins and playing with the Ruy-guy. The weekend was sandwiched in between meetings in Edison on schools and transportation and Monday’s market development in Delaware. In both instances I got a free lunch. Vacation would be but a week away. Not only would I enjoy the beautiful OBX summer, but my daughters would be christened at sunset at a beautiful sound-side church. I was also doing the Atkins diet for the first time. I melted away 20 pounds in two weeks.

Yesterday

I read an interesting article on the United States Patent Office which is now the American Portrait Gallery and part of the Smithsonian. It is an architecturally stunning building and serves as the focal point between the White House and the Capitol. I plan on visiting it next time I am in DC. I was supposed to meet my athletic trainer for an initial meeting yesterday but he canceled. That bastard will have to pay for the inconvenience he caused. I will eat a can of pinto beans before our next meeting.

2 comments:

Bert Bananas said...

In keeping with the theme, I will now bore you by admitting that my entries for ten years ago, five years ago, last year and yesterday are the same:

I am self-employed (since 1981) and I worked a little bit, which involves some office work and then driving around, I found a place to either play 9 hoes of golf, 18 holes of golf or just hit on the range. I got home and smoochied my wife of 23 years and yelled at the kids until we all fell down laughing (the kids and I, not the wife and I) and then I played on the computer and fell asleep writing a book in my head.

Boooorrrrrrriiiinnnngggg!

Amy Harden said...

Ha! I found your m&m post from a few months back. Glad to know I'm not the only weird candy eater out there. However, your reasoning for only eating 2 colors is much more thought out and with true heartfelt conviction than mine. I don't have a reason, other than that stinking OCD complex that appears randomly in my daily activities.

Thanks for commenting. My world today is better because of it. Many blessings.