Thursday, February 23, 2006

OK, OK. The great 25b suggested I put an end to the politicking and write more stories. I think he may have gotten overly turned-on by the sponge bath description from two days yore and that creeps me out. But I do value his opinion.

That said, I'd love to write more short stories, but unfortunately I am not that complete of a thinker and most of my ideas dig no deeper than Fox News reporting on Iraq. I wish I had Birdy's focus, but I ams what I ams (poop poop).

Oftentimes I will come up with an idea for a character, and before the words leave my lips, they evaporate from thought. Good ideas but gone ideas. Let's see what's going on in Artie's head; maybe a story will arise.

A guy who buys two identical lottery tickets, that way if someone else wins, he is guaranteed two shares.


A guy who proudly wears a WWJD bracelet, but always guesses wrong with regard to Jesus' likely actions (Jesus would steal that i-pod because music should be free, not something to be paid for).


A guy who becomes infatuated with eating contests. He alienates his family in the vain search of glory and is only saved after his youngest son gets run over by a car. Instead of getting help, the guy orders 60 Buffalo wings from his cell phone and then asks if the delivery guy could bring extra napkins for the blood (the kid lives).


A guy who becomes consumed with posting top five lists in his blog ( I know...I'm getting really weird!).


It really isn’t much, but like I said, I forget my ideas almost before I think them. Tomorrow is another day. Oooh, another one!!!

A 12-year old boy whose only goal in life is to get the title role in the musical Annie. I think I will go with this one!!!

4 comments:

steakbellie said...

the mapmaker one, talk about the mapmaker who's never been anywhere!

ArtieLange said...

I forgot about him. I always forget this stuff!

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back, Artie!

ArtieLange said...

Gracias, Senor Birdy! Good to be back (I think).