Thursday, October 27, 2005


For all you Rutgers Fans

Rutgers plays Navy this weekend. I thought I'd share a story I just heard. It speaks to the academic rigors of our student athletes.

The year was 1976, and a Rutgers freshman from Staten Island was doing pregame stretching on the grass of Navy-Marine Corps Stadium in Annapolis, Md.

Dino Mangiero, a tackle, began to scan the upper deck and the flags that decorated the stadium.

He began to mutter to himself, "Wake Island, Guadalcanal, Eastern Solomons, Georgia Campaign, Iwo Jima, Normandy."

Standing, he confidently announced to teammates, "Hey, these guys don't play anybody!"

Go Navy

8 comments:

Smelmooo said...

Go Rutgers...

Smelmooo said...

Now i can say it...

HEH HEH... GO RU!!!

Smelmooo said...

Did I mention that...

GO RUTGERS???

steakbellie said...

Smelmooo dont know the trill
of when they go
"BOOM"!!!

Smelmooo said...

Damn straight...

I am going to PHOENIX BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smelmooo said...

go Army

Smelmooo said...

I'm bored...

Write something.

Smelmooo said...

Go RU!